IN PODCAST EPISODE 17:
A lightly or gently cooked diet can provide many of the same benefits as raw feeding, but in a way that’s easier for dogs to digest. In this episode, Evermore Pet Food founder Hanna Mandelbaum breaks down the differences between raw and gently cooked diets, and she shares insight into Evermore’s process for cooking without removing nutrients. She also discusses some innovations in sustainable sourcing and offers advice to pet parents looking to transition their dogs to a gently cooked diet.
- Raw and gently cooked diets can both allow dogs to thrive (1:26)
- Gently cooked diets make digestion easier, especially for older dogs (4:56)
- The sous vide process offers benefits without removing many nutrients (8:05)
- Food can be sustainable without only being vegetarian or vegan (16:06)
- Grass-fed meat is leaner and has more Omega-3s (21:02)
- Small companies may not have all the certifications, so focus on learning about the processes they use (24:00)
- Tips for transitioning to gently cooked foods (25:09)
- How to connect with Hanna (29:16)
- Evermore Pet Food
- Follow Evermore Pet Food on Instagram and Facebook
- Have a question for Angie? Call (252) 377-4555
- Get 10% off your first purchase in the Your Natural Dog store
- Angie’s Website (and if you want to see what Angie's up to, follower her here: Instagram & Facebook)
- Hemp Dog Health
- Follow Your Natural Dog on Facebook and Instagram
On The Podcast
Angela Ardolino, Founder
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. She operates a rescue farm, Fire Flake Farm, in Florida. In addition, she is the founder of Your Natural Dog. owMoreover, Angela got her certificate in Medical Cannabis Biology and Therapeutic use from the University of Vermont School of Medicine. Next, she founded Hemp Dog Health to provide high quality, all-natural medical cannabis products designed specifically for pets. Accordingly, she uses Full Spectrum Hemp Extract on all her pets at her rescue farm every day since 2016. Angela has five dogs. Odie a 12-year-old mini-schnauzer, Nina an 8-year-old Doberman. Jolene a 7-year-old mutt, Maza a 7-year-old mutt, and Rhemi an 8-year-old poodle. In addition, she has 4-10 more any time she is fostering or boarding. She is a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and the Veterinary Cannabis Association. In fact, Angela has educated hundreds of medical doctors and veterinarians on the therapeutic uses of medical cannabis on animals.
Hanna Mandelbaum is the Co-CEO and Fairy Dog-mother of Evermore Pet Food. As a big picture, out-of-the-box thinker, she crafts a broader strategic vision for the Evermore brand. Whether it’s a dog-food eating campaign or canine office parties, she has innovated in ways that the entire “fresh food” category has followed. On a day-to-day basis, she manages sales, marketing, customer service, and partnerships. Hanna graduated with a BA in Comparative Religion at the University of Chicago (2001). Prior to starting Evermore, Hanna owned and operated a successful dog-walking, dog-training, and pet-sitting business for seven years in Brooklyn, earning her Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT) certification in 2008. During this time, she also worked as a fine artist and trapeze performer. She has even managed to combine her love of Evermore with her passion for circus performance, in what might be the world’s first and only dog food-eating trapeze act.